Thursday, September 10, 2009

Nice and easy...


It has been a while since I have done any of these...tea towels with a little applique to jazz them up, so quick and easy and such a nice little gift....on this little one I found a nice simple design, can't go past a stripped tea towel....I used heat and bond (light) to attach the design and then appliqued, using button hole stitch...quick and easy and I think very effective......these can also be done on the sewing machine....so next time you are down town pick up a few tea towels and this is the best way of using up all those scarps of fabric we always have lying around...have a great day...

17 comments:

  1. How very cute. I should make up a few tea towels. I haven't done one in quite awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Peg - I love striped tea towels too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great, Peg - I nearly took myself to Ikea on Tuesday to check out their teatowels for the same purpose - yes, great little gifts for when a little thought is needed!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. And these are beautiful. Fabulous gifts xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darling - and so fast by machine! I need to keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello peg,

    taht is very nice.
    i love your work.
    the flowers is sooooo cut.

    greatings conny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the T Towels they look fabulous. I dont seem to have any luck with heat and bond. Any tricks you can share.
    See ya, your numero uno
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love the strips in the tea towel and the applique is very cute. A great idea for xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice peg good for christmas presants

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Peg. You know how I love towels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your towels. I've been doing some of those lately too - have to do some more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely quick and simple idea for a gift or stall Peg.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are so cute! I should do several for Christmas presents!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've given us a wonderful idea for Christmas gifts, and a great tip on using up those scraps! This is gorgeous, Peg.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice blogg you have :-)

    Could you pleace tell me about how the advent swap work out?? It seams like fun.'

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea, Peg! But they're too pretty to use! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg