Sunday, July 12, 2009

Loop-D-Loop...............

My work is very demanding but I try to find a little time each night to do a bit of stitching...block number 6 of Verandah Views BOM....now I need to go and print block number 7 and trace that onto some fabric.....I am really enjoying this Free BOM.....This is a little purchase for this week......I have been stippling for quite a while...I love free motion quilting but my skills are limited...after looking around the net I came across this DVD...by Patsy Thompson.....it arrived this week and I watched the DVD on Friday night...it goes for a bit over 2 hours and it has lots of great ideas, "Loop-D-Loop looks like something I could have a go at as well as "E's W's and Loaves of Bread" (great name for a quilting design).....I am hoping to get some sample pieces sandwiched together to have a bit of a bash at some of her ideas......any one else out there tried any of her DVD's.....

11 comments:

  1. That looks like a really good buy Peg I tend to do mine way to close

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a really good dvd, I'll be interested to see how you go with it ;o).
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like A good DVD Peg I will be looking in to see how you go with It.
    Hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying the Verandah View blocks.
    Good luck with the machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a must have DVD :) I am going to check her website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your stitchery. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to love those DVDs from Patsy Thompson. I have 4 or 5 of hers and she really is great in explainly things. Just practice until you feel comfortable and then you are good to go. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same video and after watching it I felt very liberated, to not only use her suggestions but to be more confident with different free-motion patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like your block # 6...very cute! And thanks for sharing your DVD find. I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Block 6 is so cute! I would love to get that dvd. I have no confidence with free motion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Peg. Your stitching is so nice. I always enjoy seeing your ongoing projects. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg